Monday, January 10, 2011

Aarship's Top 10 of 2010

Now that 2010 is actually over, I feel obliged to deliver my lists for what I felt were the best. It irks me that most critics release their Best Of The Year lists in December  - not just because there’s still that last month of the year, but because it’s important to take a bit of time to let the year settle and strip away some of the hype when viewing something in context. I was going to take a little more time, in all honesty, but that emerging Academy Awards list (released annually sometime in mid-January) urged me to see how close I got with my picks (not that I’m ever known to be in sync with the Academy).

Each day of the week, Aarship will be unveiling a Top 10 list for the year. Of course, I should admit that as one person, I have not sampled everything that was offered. What can I say? It’s hard to keep up. But the joy is in the journey, and I had a lot of fun with what are now last year’s engaging entertainments. And this gives ample opportunity for others to remind me of what I missed. May the mud slinging and list clipping begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment